Quintin Norris LLAM MSTAT
Quintin Norris & Waving Moose Communications 2008-
Get in Touch
Quintin Norris Alexander Technique :
Quintin Norris Acting Coach :
Tel : 07052 304035 / 01885 788276
CAMBERLEY, Surrey / Hampshire / Berkshire Border
BROMYARD, Herefordshire / Shropshire / Worcestershire Border
VOICE & PERFORMANCE COACHING
CAMBERLEY : London / Surrey / Hampshire/ Berkshire
BROMYARD : Herefordshire / Shropshire / Worcestershire
VOICE & MOVEMENT SKILLS : WHY HAVE COACHING?
The voice is perhaps the most crucial part of communication. It’s usually the first thing we use to communicate and make a connection with people. It reveals a great deal about us, not least how confident we feel.
You've been using your voice since birth and rarely stop to think about it -
Finding Your Voice is…
- Improving clarity, assertiveness and expression when you speak
- Using your body effectively to deliver the best performance
- Improving personal impact and communicating effectively with your audience
- Overcoming nerves and feeling confident
- Getting help with stammers and other speech difficulties
I believe voice training is for everyone.
- You might be an actor or actress, would-
be professional or amateur, a poet, singer, comedian or any other performer seeking to use your voice to the best of its ability and give the best performance you can;
- You might be a teacher, lawyer, businessperson, local politician or anyone who has to regularly stand up in front of people and speak, who needs to protect your voice whilst delivering an effective vocal performance and making an impact on your audience;
- Or someone, like any of us at points in our lives, who finds themselves in situations where they feel inadequate and where greater vocal confidence and delivery, self-
assurance and presence would help.
But you cannot separate your voice from the rest of you. Voice production comes from your whole person not just the vocal chords: It is affected by your environment; by all the nerve and muscle processes that are brought into play when you prepare to speak; your relationship with yourself and other people; and your thoughts and feelings at the moment of speech. It is essential therefore to think about the way you use your body -
Incorporating the Alexander Technique into voice work helps you to become more consciously aware of how you use your body and the habitual tensions which must be avoided. The Technique encourages a freedom of movement which is the basis for effective performance. It also produces the correct support for the voice and automatically leads to improved breathing, stamina and strength.
More information about my work with the Alexander Technique can be found on my other website at www.qn-
I aim to teach you how to identify and let go of patterns that keep you from speaking with your full voice. You will find your connection to the ground, discover the support of your body, enhance the quality of your breath, open the channel for sound, and explore new possibilities for resonance. You will develop an increased physical and vocal awareness, allowing continual development.